The sun hasn’t even risen yet here in Colorado Springs, Colo., but RightNow Technologies is already pulling back the shades on what many have been wondering about since its acquisition of HiveLive back in early September.
The cloud computing vendor officially unveiled its November ’09 release this morning, including its debut of RightNow CX, a multichannel customer experience solution spanning across Web, social, and contact center touch points.
The full company-issued release for RightNow CX can be found here, but the highlighted capabilities are:
- RightNow Web Experience, which contains Customer Portal, Chat and Co-Browse, Email Management, and Web Experience Designer;
- RightNow Social Experience, integrating HiveLive’s technology with products such as Cloud Monitor, Support Community, Innovation Community, and Social Experience Designer;
- RightNow Contact Center Experience, including Phone and Multi-Channel Interaction Management, Case Management, Voice Automation, and Contact Center Experience Designer; and
- RightNow Engage, which brings in its marketing and sales functionality.
All of this is underpinned by the RightNow CX Platform, including the vendor’s self-learning knowledge foundation. RightNow Connect, according to information provided by the company, provides the integration framework to connect RightNow CX with its systems.
The November ’09 release also delves into social media, including:
- RightNow Support Community, allowing for peer-to-peer support via discussion forums, question-and-answer pairing, and resource libraries;
- RightNow Innovation Community, including functionality to capture and reveal customer insights in real-time;
- RightNow Social Designer, helping companies looking to create customized communities to satisfy their business needs; and
- RightNow Cloud Monitor, offering updated functionality including the ability to store search terms and sources in addition to configuring capabilities to set up global Twitter accounts for agent responses.
RightNow Chief Executive Officer Greg Gianforte will officially kick off RightNow Summit ’09 with his keynote address at 10:30 a.m. EDT. For those not able to attend, you can listen live (registration required).
For others, check back to our Web site for a news story, and keep tabs on my live-tweeting as Gianforte is on stage. Gianforte will have to answer many questions, as this is a definitive change in strategy — from internal-facing customer management solutions to externally focused ones — than displayed in years past.
I’m particularly interested to find out if this in essence tweaks the four pillars — e-service leadership, multichannel contact center, consumer-centric CRM, and RightNow’s Technology Ecosystem — upon which the company historically based its product iterations. What are some questions you have?